Friday, September 15, 2006

Small Denyse Schmidt projects

So I officially take back all of my pishing of the smaller projects. Turns out it's really, really satisfying to start and finish something all in one sitting. (I may be a doctor, but sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake.)

I gleefully made this "I Can See Clearly Now Eyeglasses Case" (from the Quilt It Kit) in around 2 hours. That included the time it took for fabric selection. I didn't realize this ahead of time, but it's a great scraps project, as those patterned pieces are quite tiny.




The heating pad cover you'll see below did not take one sitting, and that's my own damn fault. It's the (Frankensteinian) "Hold Me Close Heating Pad Cover." I was too lazy to take the actual pattern to be enlarged, so I cut out the batting and the back per Denyse's specs (let's pretend she and I are on a first-name basis). Then I just kinda eyeballed it. It's ok. Not great. I'd go to the trouble of using the pattern the next time, truth be told.



Back view:



Meh. You win some, you lose some. That's what you get for pishing.

No comments: