Friday, March 28, 2008

After

Longest. Cliffhanger. Ever!

Did the orange marker wash out? Did the quilt hold up after a wash 'n' tumble?

Boy, oh, boy. Sorry to have made you wait so long for the answers.

So. Got your drums a-rolling?

Let's get on with it, then.

Here you go:



I have found a new love, everyone. It is Mr. Washable Marker!

Every last bit of orange ink came out! This, even after having been on the quilt for two weeks or so. Not a trace of it was left after the machine-wash in cold water. (I don't know how much to credit the two color catchers I threw in with the quilt, but that's neither here nor there.)

The quilt looks great.

It was delivered to the mama four days before the baby's arrival, so I'm hoping it's already being put to good use.

Specs:
Fabric: Katie Jump Rope by Denyse Schmidt for Free Spirit.
Pattern: Rail Fence blocks with my own border added.
Batting: Couldn't tell you. Some batting I found in my closet. It's thin-ish.
Assembly: Machine-pieced, birthed, then hand-quilted with Coats & Clark poly/cotton hand-quilting thread in color 256 (natural).

Hooray!

Next time I'll give you the List of Excuses, Reasons, and Nonsense that attempt to explain my long absence. (Nothing major, I promise.)

Big hug to you all!!

11 comments:

Stella said...

I love the spirally quilting! And I'm definitely going to get me some washable markers before my next quilt foray.

Anonymous said...

The quilt looks awesome! I'm sure the mama will love it, and baby will cherish it until it's tattered.

I just figured your long absence was due to your catching up on all the episodes of "In Treatment" on HBO. Does everyone love Gabriel Byrne as much as I do?

Carol said...

Most excellent! Very nice work.

Leslie said...

Oh, good, I love a happy ending! It's a wonderful quilt.

RobynR said...

Cheez and rice Woman! That's enough to make me think "mmmm, I could probably quilt!"

Felicia said...

Hum, I'm going to have to look for that washable marker :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! It looks fantastic!!

Cactusneedles said...

Looks great! Glad it all washed out okay!

Elinor said...

Wow, that quilt looks beautiful! I'm sure it's snuggling a sweet new baby by now. I'm glad the marker did the trick!

Kirsten said...

Love. It! Especially that fantastic swirly quilting!!

Anonymous said...

Oooooohhhh!