Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Picture day for the pinks


All the pinks in my yarn collection got together for a class photo in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Back row (l to r): Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, GGH Esprit, Misti Alpaca, and Debbie Bliss Chunkerino (My partner-in-crime and I renamed it. We feel it's catchier that way.).

Front row (l to r): some pink yarn that wandered in which might be Lana Grossa Bingo, Suss multi-strand concoction, Linie 67 Como (which is really more pink than it appears here), and Trendsetter Bugia.

The two rows usually keep to themselves. The top row is a quiet, understated bunch. And the bottom row is little more out of control, frankly -- you should have seen that bottom row in this year's talent show. They were all, "Look at us! We do weird stuff, and we're kind of a mess." While the top row was all, "Please. Show a little restraint."

But then the two rows did this sweet little number together, and they realized they can be very lovely when they mingle. Awww. Mingle little pinks, MINGLE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm mingling my pinks also (well, it's better than mingling my blacks and whites)! x

Anonymous said...

Er... blacks/whites as in that hideous zebra yarn on my blog (thought I'd clarify).