Thursday, May 03, 2007

Blogger drives me batty

I thought I'd be extra clever and add some of my favorite links in the sidebar. You know, sewing blogs, knitting blogs, etc. Doing such a thing is supposed to be a very easy set of steps.

Supposed to be, shmupposed to shmee. As of right this moment, Blogger is fighting me on this. So you'll notice that my list of favorite sewing blogs is currently at the very top of my sidebar, making it seem as though those are my sewing blogs somehow. Not the case.

I will try to correct this asap.

In the meantime, have you heard the Jonathan Coulton version of Baby Got Back? I highly recommend it. The link is to a video of him performing it live, and it makes me very, very happy. (Before you head over there, you should know that I wake up with it stuck in my head more mornings than I really care to admit. So don't say I didn't warn you.)

Edited to add: If you listen closely, you can hear the crowd doing a bit of the call and response. I just noticed you can hear the men in the audience singing "L.A. face with an Oakland booty" in all the right places. Hilarious!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn! My company considers this "streaming media" and has blocked me from having any sort of fun on company time! However, just the mention of the song creates a stream of media in my own head "Little in the middle, but she got much back...." Can't wait to listen to it at home.

Kristy said...

I clashed with Blogger a little, too, when I tried to do some formatting. I don't know exactly what your issue is but I know that, when you are in the layout section of blogger, once you have added the info, etc., you can just drag it around...

I am afraid to listen to Baby Got Back. I am 100% certain it will get stuck in my head. Even without clicking that link, the chorus is trying to infiltrate my brain.

Dr. B. said...

Kim - Let me know what you think once you've heard it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Kristy - Can I call you a chicken, or is that too harsh? Also, it's the very dragging you speak of that is impossible right now. Grrrr.

Anonymous said...

Me again. I love it! I want to send it to everyone I know. And my internet has been down, so I had to wait until just now to listen to it. Thanks!

Kristy said...

I stopped by again to see if you had a new song up to get Baby Got Back out of my head. It is STILL stuck in there (because, of course, I have no self-control and I did eventually have to click on that link.)

Have you have any better luck with Blogger? It is very bitchy sometimes, I know. hope it is getting beter.

Nano said...

Just wanted you to know that I'll be going to bed shortly....

singing "I like big butts and I cannot lie..."