Sunday, September 10, 2006

Look what I can do

I haven't yet figured out what exactly I want this blog to be. I don't know who I want to be writing to or what I want to be writing for. But, I do know I made this yesterday at a class with Amy Tan of Amy Tangerine:


The design is hers, and the class was at Sweetpeas and Snapshots in West LA.

We learned a reverse applique technique, chain stitch, and lazy daisy embroidery stitches. It's hard to see, but the bird's legs are particularly cute.

This took about three hours to make, with the learning of new stitches accounting for some of that time. A fear of accidently slicing my shirt accounted for the rest. Also, the t-shirts she provided were very soft, but are only available wholesale.

I really like the idea of handmaking gifts, and this is a great and relatively easy way to make a one-of-a-kind present for someone.

Oh yes. And welcome to my blog.

No comments: