Friday, February 16, 2007

Coaster photo parade

I don't want to gloat about the success of the do-overs. No, no. Please. Dr. B. doesn't like to gloat. These photos are primarily so that my PIC can see the final, final result of my latest coaster project/my birthday gift for B-SNAK (aka, The Coaster Debacle of '07).

Sidebar: Consider yourselves lucky I've deviated from the original plan for my blog wherein every entry would fall into one of three categories: (1) Hey, PIC, check out what I made! (2) Hey, PIC, you have to go to this awesome website! or (3) Hey, PIC, your job is really hard! And my hair looks really curly today for some reason.

So, this post would be a Category 1. But, you can all look. It's not for my PIC's eyes only. Apologies in advance for the crappy lighting.



Twelve coasters in all -- half of them quilted, half of them not -- and I tried to make the quilting design different on each one. I didn't do the free-motion thing that I'd toyed with. When I do try that technique in earnest, that project is sure to have "Not Gift Quality" written all over it.



Oh, if you're interested, here's an overhead shot before sewing:


So hey, PIC! Your job is really hard. And, you know what? My hair is actually pretty straight right now, but my part is kinda too far over to the right so it looks weird. But who cares? It's the middle of the night, and who's lookin'? Right?

Carry on.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! I'm sure that BSNAK will love them. I particularly like the colors/combinations.

Anonymous said...

Hey - just for the record, I love the original plan for the website. And the coasters look SOOOOO good. I love them! The fabrics are so cute and they look great together. Nicely done! They'll be a great gift! And though my job is hard, I don't have to go back til Wed! Hooray!

Lastly, Your blog totally rocks. I'm always so impressed by the craftiness meets social justice meets everyday life ups and downs. I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Those are great coasters! Beautiful!

Ashley said...

So great. That apple fabric is just delightful.

Kirsten said...

Love them!! Great job.
And just for the record, in case PIC was wondering, my hair is pretty straight today too, but pretty darn messy. But that's okay 'cause it's Sunday and I'm not going anywhere!