Monday, August 20, 2007

An Embarrassment of Riches: The Teaser

I got so caught up in the yarn store story from Friday, I neglected to present the obligatory Parade of Items from that little spree I went on. So in that spirit, I offer you the teaser above. I don't mean to play games with you or anything, but I can't really parade until tomorrow. You understand. I still need to find a marching band and a baton twirler, and they aren't as easy to come by as you'd think.

Lucky for you, the delay should give you ample time to surround yourself with lots of soft things so that when you start freaking out at how cute and beautiful the items are, you won't hurt yourself.

So, between now and tomorrow, ensoften your surroundings. 'Cuz it's gonna get real cute, real fast.


P.S. Thank you all so much for your supportive comments about the yarn store thing. I really appreciated your sharing your experiences and sage advice. (Isn't it sad that most of us have had similar experiences? Sad! Urgh.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's worse than the 11 o'clock news teasers except now we have to wait until... sometime tomorrow?! Well, I suppose that's something fun to look forward to. It's always good to know that others are as addicted as I am to amassing fiber.

Kristy said...

I twice accidentally deleted my own comments to the yarn store story. Let me just say that I, too, have had such an experience...not to this extreme but nonetheless. It sounds like these little lovelies are hoping to take The Vibe to an all new level.

Back in February, I was in there and they asked me if maybe I could come back when I wasn't on crutches because it could be a danger in the store. Yes, seriously. I was baffled at what I could have broken in A YARN STORE, if I were to stumble on my crutches, thous as we well know, I had had plenty of crutching experience. I was smug and pleased (in a sick sort of way) when I learned last week that they are getting out of the yarn business (they also do high-end stationery) due to a lack of enthusiasm for the yarn business. I wanted to stop by and let them know that it probably had nothing to do with a lack of enthusiasm and everything to do with the sheer disregard for customer service.

I am a big advocate of shopping locally when possible but there are times that the locals don't deserve it.

Now. I must go searching for some fabric, etc. Must.Have.Pillows. (Please note that this does not make me a copycat, just one of the inspired readers.)

Stacey said...

oooh - that flower fabric is adorable! can't wait to see more! nice to know you consoled yourself in fabric purchases.... :)

Anonymous said...

I love that orange flower fabric :)