Monday, August 13, 2007

Happy birthday, SIL!

It's my beloved sister-in-law's birthday today, and that is a glorious thing.

Here's what you need to know about my SIL: She can make something cute just by being near it. Her en-cutening properties are stunning to see in action.

Take this last Christmas, for example. We decided we were gonna do a little sewing project, just for fun.


Despite not being a seamstress of any kind, she just sat down at the table, and -- zip zap zop -- an apron!


Look how cute it is! This from a woman who, at one point in the process was all, "What's bias tape? I don't know what that is. Oh well, I'll just give it a try." And it was perfect. Yeah. She's that person.


Once she returned home to NYC, she added a little pocket onto the front in that same polka-dotted fabric. Adorkable!

She is talented and hilarious and brilliant and an awesome person all around. You can read more about her in these posts. I could not be happier that she and my little brother share their lives with one another.

Happy, happy birthday, chica! You really are the best. (I say we give three cheers.)

10 comments:

Jean said...

Hip Hip Hooray! Happy birthday SIL!

Anonymous said...

Chicatibum a la bin bon ba! That's a cheer in Spanish that would be equivalent to Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Yea, for SIL[who in my case would be DIL].

You're the bestest!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute in a June-Cleaver- retro sort of way! Happy Birthday, SIL!

PS> Is "adorkable" a typo or a very hip California term? Either way, I love it!!!

Dr. B. said...

Kim - I considered clarifying "adorkable" and then didn't. So, I'm glad you asked! While I don't know that the hipsters in Cali are saying it, I do that know my dorky friends and I are. A-dork-able, indeed!

Anonymous said...

See, somehow I just knew it was NOT a typo! I come here for cutting-edge hipness!

Ashley said...

See, it's the Leo thing. People who are Leos are just BETTER than people who aren't. I decree it.

And as far as I know, the genesis of "adorkable" was my late lamented The OC. The perfect sobriquet indeed for my boyfriend Seth Cohen.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday SIL! Cute cute apron!

Anonymous said...

Three cheers from Down Under!

I missed the adorkable word altogether and just read plain, old adorable...

jane said...

Hooray! Hurrah! Sisboomba!

And this Capricorn might have to challenge the Leo - however Leo is a lion and Capricorn is a goat, so I do so very respectfully. :)

Kristy said...

Three cheers from me, too!! Your SIL seems like one of those women who you want to hate for being so precious and perfect but you can't hate them because they are just so damn loveable. (I know a couple of these women, too.)

Late to the party (again) but really birthday wishes are never too late, right?

You are absolutely right - the apron is completely adorkable.