Thursday, March 15, 2007

What is it about March?

I swear the Earth is spinning faster on its axis. I swear it. Every time I look up at the clock, it's so much later than I think it should be. And my internal clock is usually right on the money. But it has not been in March.

Please do not try to tell me it's just this "Daylight Savings" Time thing, because I'm not buying it. Honestly, I would be more than happy to buy it if it were as simple as: "It feels like it's 5:00, but it's already 6:00!?!" No, no. This is: "We're on Friday already? Seriously? Wasn't it just Friday half a second ago? It should only be Tuesday or some shit. Fuck!"

(Yeah. It's like that around here.)

I see only one way out of this. It's declaration time.

I am hereby officially declaring that:

March is jacked up.

Other people are having similar experiences with time whizzing by, right? I've noticed people seem to be having a hard time keeping up with their blog reading, much less with their blog writing. Does this usually happen this time of year in the blogosphere? Or is there something else up? I'm pretty sure I haven't experienced any head trauma recently, but I'll look down at something, and the next time I look up? Three weeks have gone by.

Seriously. What is up?

My inside voice: Raaah raaah raaah. I'm old. Raaaah raaah raaaah. Life's too short. Raaaah raaah raah. Kids! Yard! Raaaah!

My outside voice: Is it just me? No, right?

I shall try to re-engage in the craftiness and share it with you in words and pictures. Just as soon as I figure out how it got to be the middle of March of two-thousand-SEVEN!

Raaaah!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, you are definitely onto something. I feel it too. Just last week I was 28, and this week, I am 44. WTF?!

Kristy said...

I have had similar experience lately. Though for me, the times issues are inexplicably out of sorts. On the one hand, I can't believe it is already freaking March but on the other hand it seems like Christmas was 100 years ago.

I do, however, blame this newer, earlier DST on my inability to get anywhere on time this past week.

Nano said...

I must be way out of whack. Or very old. Every month just zooms right past me.

Anonymous said...

Here's my theory:
February is too short. Then we spend the rest of the year trying to catch up...so Feb and March are always killers...
just a theory...

Anonymous said...

I have a theory about this. When you are one year old a year is your whole life. When you are 100 years old a year is just 1/100 of your life. As we get older each passing year is less of our lives so they seem shorther when compared to everything else that has ever happened to us.

Just my theory . . .

Marie

Anonymous said...

I think Marie is on to something. I have never heard it said quite that way, but it certainly makes a lot of sense. Hope you'll keep on thinking and sharing those theories!